Everyone and their cousin has “insider knowledge” of how to work the Real Estate game. Many things accepted as “true” about real estate actually are not. Check out these myths that need to be forgotten:
- All real estate agents are the same – Believing this myth could lead you to work with the wrong Realtor. Agents have different strengths and skills, and you need to find the one that works best for you and for your situation.
- You get a better deal buying a home through the listing agent — This goes back to the myth above. You want an agent who is working in you the buyer’s interest.
- Price your home to leave room for negotiation – A well-trained real estate agent will price your house properly rather than playing any games. Believing this myth can cause you to lose out on potential buyers who ignore your higher-priced home.
- Open Houses sell houses – Open houses can be a good time for a real estate agent to pick up more clients. Open houses have pluses and minuses. Discuss with your agent whether it works for you.
- Selling a home “For Sale By Owner” saves money – What you could save in commission you will lose in a lower purchase price and potential mistakes because you don’t know the right steps to take. Keep this large financial transaction safe and smooth for yourself by using a pro. Even if you do manage to save any money, you will be working hard for it.
So what’s ALWAYS TRUE? You can rely on Laurie Scherer and the Scherer Team to take care of you and make one of your biggest financial decisions go smoothly.