It’s that time of year, once again. To the delight of every parent, and to the disappointment of every child, it’s back to school time! Before we, as parents, can revel in the peace and quiet generously heaped upon us by the first day of school, we must pay our dues by preparing. This means planning, organizing and, of course, shopping. There’s no doubt that you probably already have a school supply list from your child’s school, but we all know there is so much more needed than just the paper and pencil items on the list. Here’s a little help to get you on your way…..
Planning and Organizing…..
The best laid plans will result in success every time. Start the schoolyear out right by making a list. Don’t get distracted by daydreams of lunch out with friends or spending extra time in the Yoga studio. There will be plenty of time for that later; once you’ve dropped the kids off at the crosswalk and waved happily as you drive away. Here’s how the planning and organizing stage will go….
- Brainstorm – Think about everything your student will need during the school day. This includes lunch, extra-curricular activities as well as school sports and clubs.
- Make a list – This is where the organizing comes in. Make a schedule of classes and activities and all supplies needed for each.
- Make another list – The second list will be for the actual shopping trip or, if you’re like many, the online shopping trip. Either way, you’ll need to classify items in categories by the store you’ll shop in to find them.
- Make a schedule – Don’t leave your “to do” list for the last minute. You’ll find the best deals and you won’t have to worry about necessities not being available if you start early.
Time to Shop……
- Ready, Set, Go! – But not all at once! Break the shopping trip up in to several outings to avoid burn out and back to school shopping irritation. Similar to the winter holiday shopping experience, stores will be overcrowded with parents all looking for the same things.
- Shop with your list – You’ve taken the time to get organized and make your list. Don’t leave home without it. Keep it with you at all times, checking it twice, and marking off items as you put them in your cart.
Before you know it, your alarm clock will ring on the first day of school, and you will be starting off on the right foot. Because of your well organized preparation and forethought, mornings will flow easily! Yes, your kiddos will be sitting in perfectly straight rows at their desks. And for you, the sun will be shining, birds will be chirping, and you will be sipping on your favorite latte at your favorite coffee bar before you can say your ABC’s!
We wish you and yours all of the best throughout the 2016/2017 school year! And, as always, we are here for your real estate needs. Just contact the Scherer Team at 888-300-4431.